Prep time: 15 min Cooking time: 20 min
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 carrot, grated
1/4 purple cabbage, small head thinly sliced
1 avocado, chopped
1 cup sprouts or greens of choice
14 oz block extra firm tofu
Pinch of salt and pepper
9 big lettuce leaves (romaine or butter leaf lettuce)
1/2 tsp sriracha
1/2 cup peanut butter, unsalted
1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 1/2 tsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp low sodium tamari
Water, as needed
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Drain tofu and slice into small strips. Season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. Arrange in rows on a sheet pan and bake for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
3. Next, prepare the other ingredients. All the vegetables, except for the avocado, can be prepped ahead and kept refrigerated.
4. While tofu is cooking, whisk together the peanut sauce.
5. Wait until you are ready to eat to assemble the lettuce wraps or they will get soggy.
6. When ready to eat, evenly disperse veggies and tofu into lettuce. Serve with a spoonful of peanut sauce.
You can use rice paper instead of lettuce to make spring rolls. However, these are more complicated to assemble. Follow package instructions.