Updated: Aug 18, 2022
Prep time: 5 min Cooking time: 60 min
3 cups gluten-free oats
1 cup almonds, slivered
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, shelled & unsalted
1/2 cup sunflower seeds, raw & unsalted
1/4 cup coconut, dried, shredded or flaked, unsweetened
1/4 cup unpacked brown sugar
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 cup avocado oil
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup dates, dried & chopped
1 cup unsweetened plant milk
1/4 cup fresh berries
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F and place parchment paper onto a sheet pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, seeds, coconut, and brown sugar.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil, and salt.
4. Combine the two mixtures together and mix, then pour them onto the baking sheet.
5. Cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes to achieve an even golden color.
6. Remove from oven. Let the granola cool and harden. Stir in chopped dates, then transfer to an airtight container and store on the counter or in the pantry.
One serving is approximately 1/3 cup.
Use whatever nuts, seeds, and spices you have on hand. Make sure they’re raw! If they are roasted, wait until granola is done baking before mixing in.
This granola will last in an air-tight jar for up to 1 month.