Prep time: 5 min Cooking time: 26 min
1 spaghetti squash
8 oz Tempeh, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 (28-oz) canned crushed tomatoes, low sodium
Optional: fresh basil and 2 Tbsp parmesan per serving
1. With a sharp knife, pierce the spaghetti squash so that steam can escape. Set aside.
2. Select sauté on the Instant Pot. Add the oil and Tempeh and sauté for 3-5 minutes per side, until it’s golden brown. Remove the Tempeh and place on a paper towel to drain and crumble before serving.
3. Add the onion to the pot and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and sauté for another minute.
4. Pour the tomatoes on top.
5. Place a steamer basket over the tomatoes. Set the spaghetti squash into the basket.
6. Lock the lid with the valve set to sealing and select pressure cook high for 10 minutes.
7. When finished, quick release the pressure. Then, carefully remove the lid and take the spaghetti squash out.
8. Select sauté on the Instant Pot to simmer and reduce the sauce for another 5 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, carefully cut the squash in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds from the center of each half and use a fork to scrape the squash into two bowls.
10. Top the spaghetti squash with sauce, and crumbled tempeh. Serve with fresh basil and parmesan, if desired. Enjoy.
Substitute ground chicken or turkey for Tempeh.