Prep time: 35 min Cooking time: 30 min
14 oz block extra firm tofu, pressed
2 1/2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
1-2 tsp maple syrup
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Noodles and Broccoli
6 oz rice noodles
3 cups broccoli
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp avocado oil (half for broccoli, half for noodles)
Sesame seeds for garnish
1. Press the tofu if not already pressed. This can be done by wrapping a clean dish towel around the tofu. Set a heavy cutting board or a cookbook on top of the tofu and let sit for at least 20 minutes. When done pressing, cut tofu into 9 even pieces.
2. Whisk soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger powder, and pepper together in a large bowl.
3. Place tofu slices in a bowl and let marinate for at least 15 minutes or until ready to cook.
4. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
5. To a bowl, add broccoli, 1 Tbsp avocado oil and garlic powder. Toss to combine.
6. Add broccoli to a sheet pan and roast in oven for 20 minutes.
7. Add tofu to a sheet pan and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping halfway. Reserve liquid in an airtight container.
8. Make noodles according to box directions.
9. When rice noodles are done cooking, strain and toss with 1 Tbsp avocado oil.
10. Divide rice noodles evenly into 3 containers. Top with equal amounts of tofu and broccoli. Garnish with 2 Tbsp reserved marinade and sesame seeds
Can sub rice, quinoa, or any grain for noodles.
Add a dash of sriracha to serve for extra spice.