Updated: Oct 13, 2022
Prep time: 10 min Cooking time: 40 min
2 Tbsp avocado oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
1 cup green beans, chopped
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ginger powder (optional)
Pinch of chili powder (optional)
1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
1-2 cups water, as needed
3 Tbsp chopped almonds, toasted (for garnish)
3/4 cup brown basmati rice
1 1/2 cups water
Pinch of salt
1. Add rice and water to a pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and let cook until water is absorbed (about 30 minutes).
2. While rice is cooking, heat a sauté pan to medium. Add chopped almonds to a dry pan and lightly toast, being careful not to burn. Set almonds aside.
3. Add oil to pan. Once heated, add onions, sautéing until translucent.
4. Next, add in minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute. Be careful not to burn.
5. Add cauliflower, green beans, and 1 cup of water to the pan. Simmer uncovered for about 5-7 minutes, until nearly fork-tender and most of the water has been absorbed.
6. Then, stir in tomatoes, spices, and salt. Sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
7. Add in another 1/2 cup of water. Bring mixture to a simmer until cauliflower reaches desired firmness.
8. When ready, serve with 1/2 cup cooked rice and top with 1 Tbsp toasted almonds.