Prep time: 10 min Cooking time: 45 min
3/4 cup brown rice, uncooked and rinsed
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1 bunch broccoli, chopped
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp avocado oil
6 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp low sodium tamari
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
3 tsp sesame seeds (for garnish)
1. Put the brown rice and water in a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook covered until water is absorbed (about 45 minutes).
2. Place some water in a wok or frying pan and bring it to a boil. Then, add the veggies (the water must cover them) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes over high heat until they reach desired tenderness. Drain the veggies and set them aside.
3. Heat the oil in the wok and add the garlic and drained veggies.
4. Cook over high heat for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the vegetables, rice, cilantro, and tamari. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes more.
6. Add some sesame seeds for a garnish (optional).
Store the brown rice stir-fry in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.