Updated: Aug 22, 2022
Prep time: 10 min Cooking time: 25 min
2 cups oat flour (blend 2 cups gluten-free oats until fine)
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup unsweetened plant milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3 tsp avocado oil
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
Peanut butter (optional, to serve)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease the muffin tin with a bit of avocado oil or use muffin liners. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift together oat flour, baking powder, and salt. Make sure the oats are blended to a fine consistency with no big pieces remaining.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together plant milk, lemon juice, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until mixed. Fold in blueberries.
5. Pour batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan—filling each cup all the way to the top.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Insert a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it’s done. Place muffin pan on a rack to cool.
7. When ready to serve, pair 1 muffin with 1 Tbsp unsweetened peanut butter.
*Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Reheat in a microwave or toaster oven.