Prep time: 10 min Cooking time: 40 min
1 cup dried garbanzo beans
4 cups water
3 garlic cloves, peeled
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup Tahini
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional for garnish)
1/8 tsp. sweet paprika (optional for garnish)
1. Add garbanzo beans, water, and garlic cloves to Instant Pot.
2. Lock lid and turn vent to sealed, but not venting.
3. Press manual and set to high pressure for 40 minutes.
4. Once finished cooking, let sit until pressure naturally releases and open the lid.
5. Add Tahini, lemon juice and zest, salt, and cumin to the food processor.
6. Process on low for 2 minutes until smooth.
7. Use slotted spoon to remove cooked garbanzo beans and cooked garlic cloves from Instant Pot. Add to food processor with tahini mixture and olive oil. Process on high for 2 minutes until smooth. If still chunky, add one tablespoon of water to hummus and process again. Repeat if needed.
8. Sprinkle top with parsley and paprika. Enjoy with whole-grain crackers or veggies.
Serving size is 4 tablespoons.