Prep time: 10 min Cooking time: 40 min
1 1/2 cup chickpea flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional for a cheesy flavor)
2 cups water
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 zucchini, finely chopped
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup tomatoes diced
1/4 cup olives chopped
1/4 cup onion diced
1 avocado sliced, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Add the chickpea flour, salt, and nutritional yeast to a mixing bowl.
3. Pour in the water slowly while stirring and add 1 Tbsp oil. Continue to stir until it makes a smooth batter.
4. Add the remaining ingredients (except the avocado) and stir for a few seconds.
5. Grease an 8x8 baking dish with 1 Tbsp of oil and pour the batter into the dish. Bake for 20 minutes, then take out of the oven.
6. Turn down the oven to 350° and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 4-6 squares. Serve with 1/4 avocado per square.
Do NOT taste the batter! Chickpea flour tastes terrible before cooking.
Store in the fridge for about 3 days.