Updated: Aug 22, 2022
Servings: 6 Prep time: 10 mins. Cooking time: 2 mins.
1 15 oz can kidney beans, low sodium, drained and rinsed
1 15 oz can chickpeas, low sodium, drained and rinsed
2 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1 in pieces
1/4 red onion, sliced thin
2 Tbsp dill, chopped
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender.
2. Place the green beans in a bowl of ice water to cool, then drain and pat dry.
3. Place the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, green beans, red onion and dill in a large bowl.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
5. Pour the dressing over the beans and toss to coat.
6. Cover the bowl and refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours or up to three days, then serve.
Kidney beans or chickpeas can be subbed for cannellini beans or cooked lentils.
If this recipe has too many beans, modify it. Select one type, like chickpeas. Then, add cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and bell peppers using the same dressing.